Countertops make a major style statement in a bathroom. The sink and vanity make up a large part of the surface area and color pallet of the room. There are a variety of materials that countertops are typically made with, and each has its pros and cons. Check out this comparison to help you choose bathroom countertops.
- Granite. Easily one of the most popular choices because of its beauty, granite is durable once sealed and requires little maintenance. It’s one of the more pricey materials, but it adds value to your home.
- Quartz. Similar to granite, quartz is a high end material that offers a posh look. It is also tougher than granite and does not require sealing. The price is comparable.
- Marble. An elegant looking material, marble makes a grand statement in a bathroom. However, it is not as damage-proof as granite and quartz and it is significantly more expensive per square foot.
- Concrete. Polished concrete offers a look that mimics stone. It can be cast in any shape and size to custom fit any bathroom. The only caveat is that it requires regular waxing and sealing.
- Solid surface. Made of acrylic resin and crushed stone, solid surface countertops offer a wide range of colors and patterns. It is still considered to be durable, but can be dented or damaged by heat. However, damage can be easily buffed out.
- Laminate. Definitely the most economical option, laminate countertops have plenty of advantages. Also known as Formica, a thin plastic layer covers particle board or plywood, which is lighter and easier to install than stone. Available in a variety of colors and patterns, laminate countertops are strong and water resistant.
Bathroom Remodeling by Distinctive Designs
Before you shop for bathroom countertops in Greensboro, consider bathroom remodeling by Distinctive Designs. Give your whole bathroom a facelift, including custom cabinets and countertops. Distinctive Designs can handle your entire remodeling project, no matter how intensive. To get started call (336)886-4293.