Deciding between the various flooring options for bathrooms can be difficult, but also a lot of fun. If you are planning on bathroom remodeling in Greensboro, new floors are most likely part of the plan. So what are the best choices and why?
Most Practical Choices:
- Ceramic or Porcelain Tile. Tile is economical and can handle getting wet.
- Vinyl. Easy to install and holds up to water quite well, especially if sheet vinyl is used to avoid seams.
Most Attractive Choices:
- Ceramic or Porcelain Tile. Tile offers color and beauty. Designs can be created with tile in artistic patterns.
- Stone. Marble, granite, limestone, and other natural stones are gorgeous, but pricey. They hold up well to water, but can be slippery. Texture can be added to avoid this, but comes at a cost.
Most Versatile Choice:
- Ceramic or Porcelain Tile. You certainly get the most options when you choose tile. Tiles come in a wide variety of colors, sizes, and textures. Grout comes in different colors as well, making it possible to create artistic designs or patterns. Ceramic and porcelain are less slippery because of the grout that provides grip.
Least Practical Choices:
- Wood. Is easily damaged by water and would require a lot of maintenance to keep looking nice.
- Laminate. Laminate flooring has a lot of seams through which water can seep. Additional sealing may be necessary to prevent water damage.
- Carpet. When carpet and padding get wet, mold and mildew can easily grow, causing damage, odors, and allergies.
Distinctive Designs Offers Many Flooring Options with Bathroom Remodeling in Greensboro
With so many available options, you need a bathroom remodeler who not only installs many different types of flooring, but who can help you decide which type of floor material would be best for you. When you plan your bathroom remodeling project with Distinctive Designs, you get expert advice from a company with years of experience. Call (336) 886-4293 to get started on your remodel today.